- Return of Tangible Personal & Business Property / Machinery and Tools Form
- Personal Property Brochure
- Personal Property Address Change Request
- Personal Property Add/Remove Vehicle Request
- Real Estate Tax Relief Application
- Surry County Real Estate Tax Relief for the Elderly and Disabled Requirements
- Business License Fee Schedule
- Business License Online Renewal
- Certificate of Workers Compensation
- GIS - Aerials & Maps
- Real Estate Data
The Commissioner of the Revenue is elected by the citizens every four years and is responsible for the assessment of all real estate in the County and for the maintenance and retention of accurate property records. The Commissioner works with the reassessment firm during annual real estate assessments. The office prepares information for the Personal Property tax book and provides assessments on all vehicles, boats, mobile homes, trailers, etc.; and assists the public with preparation of state income tax filing; issues and maintains business licenses; coordinates income tax relief for the elderly; prepares and maintains information for land records and other duties.
To fairly and equitable identify and assess all sources of revenue to which the County is entitled according to the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the County of Surry;
To provide effiicient and courteous service to the citizens of Surry County; and
To promote greater tax relief for senior citizens of Surry County.