Current opportunities for employment are listed below. Please download one of the application forms below and submit your application to the appropriate department for the position listed that you are applying for.
For information about the Surry County Resource and Employment Center, click here.
Employment Application Form:
Surry County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Surry County Sheriff’s Office
is accepting applications for both full-time and part-time deputy sheriff positions. The following requirements are applicable:
- Must be a citizen of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the United States.
- Must have a Virginia Operator’s License in good standing.
- Must undergo a criminal record check and a background investigation.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be in good health and pass a physical.
- Experience and Law Enforcement training preferred
- Must successfully complete mandated training.
- Must furnish a copy of your high school, GED and college transcripts as well as any other information requested.
The Surry County Sheriff's Office
The Surry County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for a full time dispatcher position. The following requirements are applicable:
Must be a citizen of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the United States
Must have a Virginia Operator’s License in good standing.
Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
Must have no criminal record.
Some knowledge of computers preferred.
Must successfully complete mandated training.
Applications will be accepted until the position(s) is filled. Any questions should be addressed to the Surry County Sheriff’s Office at (757) 294-5264. Applications can be mailed to:Surry County Sheriff’s Office Post Office Box 233 Surry, VA 23883
I, Sheriff A. W. Clayton, reserve the right to reject any and all applications that I receive.
The Surry County Sheriff’s Office is an equal opportunity employer.