Current opportunities for employment are listed below. Please download one of the application forms below and submit your application to the appropriate department for the position listed that you are applying for.
For information about the Surry County Resource and Employment Center, click here.
Employment Application Form:
Surry County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Full-Time Animal Shelter Attendant
Surry County is seeking a full-Animal Shelter Attendant to work in the County’s Animal Shelter. Work will be performed under the supervision of the County’s Chief Animal Control Officer and will include the following typical tasks:
- Maintaining the shelter, caring for animals, and record keeping in accordance with applicable State codes.
- Taking in stray, domestic and feral (wild) animals.
- Adopting out, redeeming and rescuing animals.
- Assisting with euthanasis and disposal of animals in accordance with applicable State code.
- Fielding citizens’ complaints.
- Keeping abreast of all State laws related to animal control.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Minimum qualifications for the position include a combination of experience and education equivalent to the completion of high school or GED with some experience in animal husbandry. Must hold a valid appropriate Virginia driver’s license.
Interested persons are encouraged to submit a completed county job application form not later than 5:00 p.m. February 20, 2015 to:
Mr. Tyrone W. FranklinCountyAdministratorP.O. Box 65Surry, Virginia 23883
Applications can be picked up in person from the County Administrator’s Office located in the Surry County Government Center, 45 School Street, Surry, Virginia 23883 or downloaded in PDF format above. The GovernmentCenter is open from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. daily except holidays.
SURRY COUNTY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER